Caroline Rubik Creates SOS Foods Packaging Design Range
SOS Foods is more than just an online store for spices. Their concept: fair prices to producers and the generation of donations that flow directly into social projects in the regions of origin.
Natural products, personal contact with fair conditions, sustainable packaging solutions and a transparent publication of donations – with this mission, the two founders, Felix and Rami, want to raise awareness about the grievances in the food industry and re-establish fair trade. In addition, with each product sale 20% of the turnover flows into social projects of the region of origin, in order to help directly on site and support the people. The project starts with 8 spices from syria: Cumin, Fennel, Paprika, Chili, Coriander, Baharat, Zatar and Bay Leaf.
We have incorporated many small details into the packaging. The idea of transparency is one of the most important points for the two founders Felix & Rami. And because there’s nothing to hide, everything is communicated transparently on the products. The small diamond also shows the percentage of the donation. To visually support the idea of transparency, all important information such as origin, processing and taste of the spice is communicated in tabular form. As a central design element of the packaging we have chosen fine, hand-drawn illustrations. Each product gets its own individual line drawing that comes to life on the website. The gentle color gradient of the product range, the design of the diamond pattern, the hidden message in the bottom of the bag – all this rounds off the appearance for SOS Foods.
- Agency/Creative: Caroline Rubik
- Article Title: Caroline Rubik Creates SOS Foods Packaging Design Range
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Germany
- Agency/Creative City: Cologne
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Branding, Creative Direction, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Pouch
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Branding, Brand Design, Corporate Design, Sustainability, Spices, Vegan, Packaging Design, Packaging, Illustration, Food Design
Branding/Packaging: Caroline Rubik
Photography/Retouch: Samia Rachel
Webdesign/Development: Jaro Quastenberg
Retouch: Ralf Schneider
Text/Copy: Lea Nonnenmacher