Candace “Ace” Parker has earned GOAT status in every aspect of her life: from hoops, to motherhood, to entrepreneurship. An absolute tour de force, Candace does the impossible routinely.
To launch Candace’s signature product line, we created a visual system around her nickname: Ace. And, since the Ace is the highest card in the deck, and Candace herself is the greatest of all time, we wanted to make that connection through the visual identity of the campaign.
We created a series of play card designs featuring all sides of Candace: the ace, the GOAT, the hooper and the human.
The Ace of Spades represents the pike or halberd: two medieval weapons. And that’s exactly what Candace is on the basketball court…a weapon. In this card, we show her on the attack. Dribbling with purpose. About to unleash.
The Ace of Diamonds, shows how Candace Parker revolutionized basketball. She’s won at every level – from pickup to pros. She won every ring with all diamonds she deserves. Here, we show her for what she is – the GOAT.
For the club card—or, the three-leafed clover—we wanted to show multiple iterations of “3.” Three basketballs, three sets of court lines, and Candace driving for a layup and going for a 3-point play.
And the Ace of Hearts, shows the human side of Candace. A devoted mother, philanthropist, role model, entrepreneur, analyst, Olympian, mentor, and
The photography + design system was deployed across all adidas social channels, as well as ECOM and in-store.
- Agency/Creative: Fabiano Tatu
- Article Title: Candace Ace Parker Visual System for Signature Product line by Fabiano Tatu
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Campaign
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Redondo Beach - CA
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, Advertising, Art Direction, Illustration
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Sport, Basketball, Candace Parker, Adidas, Ace, Playing Cards, Chicago
Design Director / Art Director: Fabiano de Queiroz Tatu
Illustration: Black Madre Studio