“La Divina Commedia”, by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri, brings the definition of hell to the western world. In the poem, Dante gives us his vision of going through hell, in a dream, describing descending the 9 circles, where each one corresponded to sin and different levels of punishment.
After presenting himself to Hades at Hell’s Gate, Dante goes to the Valley of the Winds where he meets Minos, a demigod from the island of Crete, son of Zeus, and the Phoenician princess Europe. Minos is responsible for judging sinful souls and directing them to the corresponding circle to receive eternal punishment.
Inspired by Dante’s Inferno, Minos is a premium product for strong absinthe lovers.
The product’s identity was created around this plot, with the unique bottle design featuring, in relief on the glass itself, the 9 circles described by Dante, with each one carrying a phrase written in Latin inspired by the original poem. The body of the bottle has an unconventional organic shape, with the label applied only to the neck, giving the product an enigmatic, prohibitive but extremely challenging atmosphere.
The box was created in a frame format to enhance the bottle’s design, leaving it exposed while the light draws its outline. Made of stabilized wood with heat treatment with exposure to fire on one side, creating a fierce and dazzling contrast. The entire packaging was designed using 3D software, making it possible to exhaustively test different solutions in order to ensure the feasibility of production, with the 3D files later going to prototyping, and to produce the bottle mold. The same files made it possible to render the images that can be seen here.
3D modeling and rendering made with Foundry Modo, with post-processing on Adobe Photoshop.
- Agency/Creative: C.Carbon Studio
- Article Title: C.Carbon Signed the Bottle and Packaging Design for a Brand New Premium Absinthe
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Agency/Creative City: Guimarães
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 3D Design, 3D Modelling, Brand Design, Brand Naming, Design, Label Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper, Wood
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Absinthe, Bottle, Beverage, Product, Design, Packaging, Designer, Green, Glass, Luxury, Drink, Drinks, Wood, Divine Comedy
Designer: Rafael Maia