ByVolume Creates Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Alder Beer Co.
Alder Beer Co. is the new venture of Marco Valeriani, one of the most famous Italian brewers who was twice named “brewer of the year” in his home country.
Alder trees are commonly found in Brianza, the area at the foot of the Alps between Milan and Lake Como where that the brewery calls home. Unusually, their wood doesn’t rot when waterlogged, instead turning stronger and harder.
Alder’s brand identity is inspired by nature’s most rugged character, resulting in a bold, allcaps lettering and a stylised leaf logomark, an eye-catching colour scheme and a confident packaging that strips back unnecessary graphic details in favour of the brand name and the technical details of their beers.
- Design Agency: ByVolume
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: ByVolume Creates Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Alder Beer Co.
- Brand / Project Name: Alder Beer Co.
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: Italy
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal