byHAUS Creates Design for Monsillage Xmas Soap Packaging
Inspired by Christmas traditions, the perfumer Monsillage created an exclusive range of rich and moisturizing soaps, entirely handmade. Each scent finds its uniqueness in the morals and customs of this auspicious period: the gifts offered by the Magi (myrrh and incense), the exoticism of the orange that made it a small luxury for the average family of the time (orange and spices) or the enduring tradition of decorating the tree (fir and blackcurrant).
Our role was to design a luxurious and attractive package for each of them, while imagining a way to bring them together as a trio. The challenge was also to avoid falling into the old-fashioned clichés of Christmas, which led us to consider them individually as tiny precious gifts. Through a set of diagonals embossed in metallic colors, the pattern instantly reminds us of wrapping paper. The repeated stamping on the white ribbon, this time applied to the typography, adds a classic and sumptuous look to the object. A wide black ribbon, signed Monsillage in tone-on-tone, finally embraces the trio.
- Design Agency: byHAUS
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: byHAUS Creates Design for Monsillage Xmas Soap Packaging
- Brand / Project Name: Packaging for a holiday soaps triptych.
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Location: Canada
- Market Country: Canada
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Health & Beauty
- Consumer Packaging Format: Sleeve, Wrap
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Ceramic