Brand Hatch Creative formed a long-term relationship with Burlock and Barrel Distillers of Florida, since ideation of their distillery. We have been integral in the brand development, direction and creating the point of difference to match their ambitions. Developing brand identity with custom typography, that would be used across all platforms, collateral and packaging.
Burlock and Barrel is a whiskey distillery in Jacksonville, FL. The name is derived from the rich history of spirts in Jacksonville, FL during prohibition. Most notably the Notorious bootlegger William Frederick McCoy, in short “Bill McCoy”, who was synonymous with the phrase “the real McCoy”. Bill McCoy served the whole east coast of North America, smuggling spirits up the east coast of the United States, dealing on Rum Row.
Bill McCoy is also credited with inventing the “burlock,” six straw wrapped bottles, three on the bottom, then two, then one, were the name comes from. The Burlock and Barrel distillery is located just a stone’s throw away from where Bill McCoy operated in during probation on the banks of the St John’s River, in the historic Brooklyn neighbourhood in Jacksonville.
Brand Hatch Creative was tasked with design and development of the first release in the Burlock & Barrel branded products, Burlock and Barrel Reserve American Whiskey. Burlock and Barrel Reserve is a brand that combines the history of spirits in Florida with the new generation of distillers. From designing the brand packaging, identity, brand book and copywriting, with careful thought put into every element, design, label stock, bottle choice and finishing.
- Agency/Creative: Brand Hatch Creative
- Article Title: Burlock and Barrel Reserve American Whiskey Packaging Design by Brand Hatch Creative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Chicago
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Copywriting, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Typography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: whiskey, american whiskey, florida, spirit design, alcohol packaging
Designer / Creative Director: Christopher Lee
Client: Burlock and Barrel