Rucan is a new brand of toys for dogs, from Bulldog Studio we have accompanied the client in the conceptualisation of the brand, from the naming to the corporate identity and also in the development of the packaging. For the packaging project, it was necessary to work on a structural design that was solid enough to support the weight of the different sizes of toys, conic and ball. Once the material to be worked on (folding laminated) was selected, we proposed an anchoring system for the pieces in such a way that it does not have any flange or fastening plastic. For the design, the briefing asked us to take the project to the extreme, since they are toys for dogs and in this retail channel there are currently great visual impacts.
We work three illustrations of dogs, of different sizes, since there are three hardnesses of each product, so we can tell the buyer what product they need. Each dog is characterised differently and has the largest jaw, for the different sizes of toy. This makes the packaging visual, fun and explains in a super clear and obvious way the functionality of the toy and for whom it is intended. In addition, it is a project that stands out from current market competitors, which makes it a visual and aspirational product.. We have managed to create something nice, very visual in linear and totally recyclable, we indicate on the back of the packaging, apart from the instructions for use of the product itself, how we should get rid of the packaging for its total recycling.
- Agency/Creative: Bulldog Studio
- Article Title: Bulldog Studio Create Rucan Dog Toys Brand and Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Bulldog Studio / Barcelona
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines
- Format: Blister-Pack
- Substrate: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: design packaging structural
CEO / Designer: Carles Sala