Bubbys Pie Company was founded in Tribeca back in 1990 as first a pie shop. Over the following 32 years it has become an iconic and beloved New York institution for comfort food. This homely NYC icon needed to re-establish its self back to the top! with a re-brand and burst of colour to help energies their history and communicate what they do best of all! Food!
First we reinvented their wordmark away from the computer generated script font they used into a handmade classic signature style, so it would feel real and authentic to the past. We then decided to celebrate their fresh and simple comfort food. Highlighting ingredients and timeless classics of going out for coffee & pie or a lazy pancake brunch. Making these restaurant staples the real heroes of Bubby’s Pie Company!
After we designed and agreed a wordmark we and the team at Bubby’s were happy with, we commissioned our good friend Frank Carty from Artisan Artworks a signwriter and artist to give it the hand made flair it deserved. This was recoded for our records and can be view in full on the My Creative website.
The illustrations were made in mind of Celebrating their fresh and simple comfort food. Coffee & pie, cool summer lemonade and the joy of a lazy pancake brunch! Making these forgotten objects from the restaurant the real heroes of Bubbys Pancake & Pie Company!.
Deliverables included: Branding strategy, pancake packaging illustration, brand design, logo mark, Identity system, illustration, custom typeface, menu design, awning & canopy, print collateral, exterior signage, merchandise & packaging design.
- Agency/Creative: My Creative
- Article Title: Bubbys Re-branding Designed by My Creative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Illustration
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: New York City
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Food Styling, Illustration, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Type Design, Typography
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Bubbys, Bubby's, New York, NYC, N.Y.C, Pancake, Pie, Packaging, Brand, Design, Logo, Wordmark, Logotype,
Photography: Alex Stein
Branding strategy: SaintUrban
Design & Branding: My Creative
Illustration: Ewan Leckie