Brunch Becomes a Journey Through Time
After many years in the United States at the helm of two different establishments, Eric Benn decided to try his hand at a popular “Coffee & Breakfast Club” in Lausanne. The club’s home base is located in the centre of town, not far from the Lausanne Cathedral, and its former owner wanted to shift his attention to his two other properties.
The challenge lay in recuperating the existing club without losing its existing clientele, all while refreshing the club’s identity. The Hideaway team reached out to Hymn for help creating a new visual identity to tell their story and communicate the light, welcoming ambiance they wished to bring to the club.
We began our work with the very word “Hideaway,” drawing inspiration from golden 1960s and 70s elite youth lodges and retreats across the United States. Our research took us to all four corners of the country, from a lodge in Lake Tahoe to a Pool House in Palm Springs. We chose a flexible, retro-inspired font by type design company SwissTypefaces and created a medallion to represent the Lausanne-based club. Graphic icons, referencing quintessential locations like the Hamptons and the Florida Keys, were created to embellish club materials like postcards and menus, and we used warm, bright, and comforting colours that would be as soothing to the soul as that first cup of morning coffee.
- Design Agency: Hymn
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Brunch Becomes a Journey Through Time
- Brand / Project Name: The Hideaway Branding
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Merchandising, Packaging, Print Promotion, Print Stationery
- Location: Switzerland
- Market Country: Switzerland
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Branding, Coffee, Brunch, Breakfast, Identity, Logo, Pattern, Lausanne, Hymn, Packaging, Merchandising,
- Industry Category: Hospitality