Goldstein Salmon, started smoking salmon in 1911 and is arguably the oldest established family of salmon curers based in the London area. Wolfe Goldstein, at the turn of the 20th century was widely recognised as the most skilled salmon filleter and curer in London.
His daily visits to The Old Billingsgate Market gave him the opportunity to select the finest quality fish, straight from the rivers of Scotland for his unique and careful curing over slowly smouldering oak dust.
We were challenged to give this historic company a look that reflected their mantra of being a traditional company with a modern approach to customer care, and a look that championed their market leading product.
The new designs reflect their extensive heritage, combined with a graphic style that channels the curing process – sea, salt and smoke. Works included a redesigned logo, stationery range, multi-sized packaging redesign, and soon to be released website.
- Agency/Creative: Briggs & Co.
- Article Title: Briggs & Co. Rebrand for London’s Oldest Salmon Curers – Goldstein Salmon
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Tone of Voice
- Format: Sleeve, Tray
- Substrate: Plastic