Big Mountain Brewing Co. founder and professional rock climber Jack is an outdoor enthusiast and craft beer lover from Yorkshire – and whilst Chamonix was fulfilling his need for adventure, he quickly realised that the choice of beer was limited. He started brewing at home and eventually Big Mountain Brewing Co. was born.
Before their rebrand, Big Mountain were known as a microbrewery. They came to us with ambitions to move to bigger premises and open a bar in Chamonix, with a view to becoming the craft beer for France (and eventually export too). They needed a brand that took them from a microbrewery to a national craft beer.
Our challenge was to elevate Big Mountain for this next phase of growth, refining their identity with a more premium, aspirational, mountain lifestyle feel.
We worked with Jack to develop a contemporary brand with big, bold impact. We used illustration and imagery to reflect the spirit of Chamonix, with a flexible, editable mountain device that allows for an injection of unique personality for each beer.
Since launching Big Mountain Brewing Co. have seen a 150% increase in sales from the brewery (from 2018 to 2019) and picked up gold in the World Beer Awards France.
“Kingdom and Sparrow are an approachable, highly professional and talented team of creatives who have been wonderfully positive and easy to work with. They met our brief in good time and I’m looking forward to more work together in the future.” Jack Geldard, Director
- Agency/Creative: Kingdom and Sparrow
- Article Title: Brewed for adventure, Big Mountain Brewing Co.
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Rebranding, Research
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: beer, microbrewery, rebrand, branding, identity, bottle, france, chamonix,