Branding that Aims to Make Contract Furniture Feel More Human
RED DWARF [R+D] was born as the result of one simple question: Can commercial / contract furniture be customizable and more humanized without significantly increasing costs or sacrificing its elegance while being powered by AI?
The main challenge behind this project was to design a system that operates as a flexible structure and maintains the versatility to adapt to the requirements of the business verticals within the scope of the brand’s umbrella.
In order to reconnect the consumer with the warmth and balance of the brand and nature, the color palette was inspired by geological formations. The colors inspire a sense of calmness and balance driven through the harmony of the collective, without sacrificing the overall essence of the individual tones.
The brand message seeks to modulate the complexity of the product by keeping a simple design language. In order to maintain such characteristics in the communications spectrum, each component of the identity system reflects the balance between technical adaptability used to empower human ingenuity at the heart of R+D.
Textures is the core characteristic of the design DNA. Whether it is visual or tactile, the richness that comes from stimulating the senses is paramount to the experience. The use of simple graphics to represent the product line eliminates the pretentiousness often found in lifestyle products.
The result of this exercise is a clean communication language was developed to maintain the sobriety of the brand while evoking a feeling intentionality.
- Agency/Creative: Noftradamus
- Project Type: Identity
- Organisation / Project Status: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Location: United States
- Article Title: Branding that Aims to Make Contract Furniture Feel More Human
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Research
- Keywords: furniture, branding, identity design, brand identity, art direction