According to a World Bank study, at least 37% of the food produced in Mexico is lost or wasted every year along the value chain, a figure that translates into an economic loss of 491 billion pesos annually.
Added to this, the number of Mexicans suffering from food security practically doubled with the pandemic caused by the arrival of Covid-19, going from 25 million affected in 2019 to 40 million Mexicans in 2020. Pacto por la comida is an initiative that is driven by Bancos de Alimentos de México (BAMX) and Waste Resource Action Programme (WRAP) that seeks to generate voluntary agreements to reduce food loss and waste in Mexico.
Food waste also has a negative impact on the environment because when food is wasted, more than 36 million tons of CO2 are emitted, the equivalent of 15 million vehicles in a year.
Pacto por la Comida’s goal is to reduce food loss and waste in Mexico by 50% by 2030 through greater process efficiency along the entire production chain, as well as collaboration from farmers to consumers.
Branding: inspired by the integrity of the brand, with a rebellious tone that represents human restlessness. This proposal is based on the bond of union, monitoring and fluidity that requires a humanist project.
We used thick and heavy typographies with a lot of character together with typography with a lot of fluidity generating a visual and emotional contrast in the brand. We developed the identity of this project as a simple experience and a direct message, the identity represents a connecting force linked by the moving element full of energy with the orange color combined with the deep black of the typography and the white base generating contrast, the intensity of the color generates a contrast in the neutral base of black and white, obtaining a disruptive sense for the brand, its applications using intertwined elements with lines remove the rigidity that can have the typography making it more friendly to the public.
- Agency/Creative: Clvb Studio
- Article Title: Branding for Pacto por la Comida a Project Against Food Waste in Mexico
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice