Damián Lescas is an artist from Oaxaca, graduated from the School of Fine Arts of the Benito Juárez Autonomous University, and with a long and prominent career in the plastic arts. Among his artwork, we can find ceramic sculptures, engraved bronze, wood carvings, monotypes, and his famous oil paintings that are distinguished for being pleasant, with soft shapes and seductive colors. Lescas is a creator with a broad cultural background, who plays with mythological, historical, and anecdotal themes in his compositions. In his artwork, he often deals with themes such as gastronomy, wine, and eroticism.
For this project, we took inspiration from literature, especially from creationists poems, we also seek to reflect sensorial themes such as smells, tastes, and sounds to express through art a human sense, life and nature, as Damián does in his artworks.
Under the idea of generating a visual identity that is not intrusive with his works, yet dynamic and versatile, we created a framework that allows us to maintain the protagonism of the artworks, highlight them without invading them and, at the same time, show the identity of the creator of the piece.
To accompany his visual identity, we selected traditional typographies that naturally coexist with his artwork. The typographic arrangement is inspired by the visual style of creationist poems. These details are included in elements such as the business cards and certificates of authenticity of his artwork.
- Agency/Creative: Manifiesto
- Article Title: Branding for Mexican Artist Damián Lescas Created by Manifiesto
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Agency/Creative City: Ciudad de México
- Market Region: North America, South America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Creative Direction
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: Branding, Art Direction, Art, Brand Identity, Set Design, Sculpture, México, Manifiesto
Manifiesto Mx: Manifiesto Mx