Compact, organized and diverse. Such is the work of an autonomous woman seller of women’s shoes and accessories in Itaíba, state of Pernambuco, Brazil. Another characteristic is modernity: she effects business through social networks – which, in addition to personal contact, offer tips and opinions to indicate which product is the best for each customer. “Traditional brands and the best prices on the market” is a phrase with another good way of defining the profile of… well, hmm, the project had no official name until we were contacted.
By understanding the methods and the work philosophy of this woman seller and her market niche, the opportunity was seen in way to follow the concepts present in the processes adopted by her – the simplicity in making purchases, the proximity of contact, the accessibility due to low prices, and the female universe.
In our analysis, we have found out “cômoda” (it means “mobile dresser”, in Brazilian Portuguese). This piece of furniture is present in the daily lives of many people. It is where we can keep our utilitarian, valuable or sentimental objects. Most of us store there clothes, shoes, jewelry, perfumes, makeup etc … An infinite number of things are there, easy to be seen, stored and found. The name – easy to pronounce, read and memorize – and the usability of the furniture are fully consistent with the services and commercial practices of now named “Cômoda”.
The lettering was developed based on the shapes found in some mobile dressers. Going from the classic, with circular shapes, to the contemporary, with rectangular and inclined shapes.
- Agency/Creative: Jardel Vieira
- Article Title: Branding for Cômoda
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Branding, Visual Identity, Logotype, Lettering, Typography, Pictograms, Accessories, Shoes, Handbag, Virtual, Store