Branding Design For a Gourmet Supermarket
The name origin is Captial sin and pleasure for eating: “gluttony”. “Peccato” is an italian word that means “sin”.
The engraved illustration of an apple refers to the sin of “Adam and Eve”. Engraving technique was an historically important method of producing images on paper in artistic printmaking, in mapmaking, and also for commercial reproductions and illustrations.
Engraving technique is from the 15th Century to the Year 1914 and Art deco 1908 to 1935. That is the reason I have used an art deco typeface for the logo with a soft colours typical of that art style to bring an elegant, glamorous and luxurious look and feel.
- Design Agency: Estudio del Mar
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Branding Design For a Gourmet Supermarket
- Brand / Project Name: Peccato
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Retail Brand Design
- Service Brand Application: Packaging, Print Stationery
- Location: Spain
- Market Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Snack Food
- Project Keywords: branding, logo design, supermarket, gourmet, luxury, elegant, visual identity, artdeco