Tapui, Pulque, or wine from the earth, was created by goddess Mayahuel, a divinized woman who is identified by the maguey. Therefore, pulque is considered one of the gods’ main beverages.
The package and label’s main purpose is to display it’s artisan meaning and storytelling as much as the unique ideas behind the company’s brand.
As a pulque producers’ family business that aims to create stories grounded in strong narratives, Tapui knew they needed to invest more time, energy, and capital on their own brand identity. First, so their clients could understand the sutil production details that mattered, and second, it was equally important for them to show what they represented. They knew they needed to create an identity and a brand that could celebrate their spirit at the same time that it became better positioned in the distillates market.
- Agency/Creative: Mauricio Arreola Studio
- Article Title: Branding and Label Design For Tapui Destilado de Pulque
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Product Naming
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle