Brand Revamping and Packaging Redesign
Known for its range of flavors, Klast gum has been a firm favorite for Saudi families since the 2000s. The supermarket flavored gum category is a confusing mix of pack formats and brands with a mass of product messaging. The aisle was also often overlooked from a brand maintenance point of view and had also attained a reputation of products high in sugar and lacking any long-lasting flavor.
I saw the opportunity of revitalizing the category by rethinking the product formulation, fortifying the products with sugar-free bursting flavors, and a new packaging format. In doing so the brand would raise the bar for the category and improve the shelf impact which needed to be refreshingly bold, fun and aspirational.
I recreated the brand into a simple and proud brand mark which stretched across the entirely new 5 packs shouting out of a new brighter color palette. A new cartoon-stylized illustration set of flavor callouts was created which added the fun factor back into the packaging. A flavor matched colored background helped tell the Klast Gum story. These new elements put the serious fun and enjoyment back into the brand and seriously shakes up the category with a new personality.
- Design Agency: Andrew Hesham
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Brand Revamping and Packaging Redesign
- Brand / Project Name: Klast Gum
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Brand Guidelines, Brand Experience, Rebranding
- Location: Egypt
- Market Country: Saudi Arabia
- Market Region: Middle East
- Product Category: Confectionery
- Consumer Packaging Format: Blister-Pack
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, Pulp Paper