Brand Redesign Pre-packed Cooked Sliced Meats for the UK Market
WowMe Design – Mattessons cured sliced meats
“Kerry Foods briefed WowMe to create a new look for their heritage brand of Mattessons traditionally cured sliced meats.
Mattessons has been a firm family favourite in the UK since the 1970s when they first introduced the concept of pre-packed cooked sliced meats to the UK market. Kerry Foods asked WowMe to design an updated look for their standard and premium packs. This look needed to honour the brand’s heritage but would also deliver shelf standout in the busy category that is full of own-brand products.
Andy White, Creative Director of WowMe Design remarked, “We always see the updating of a heritage brand as a fun challenge. Designing for a new brand can sometimes be easier, but there’s another level of consideration when working with a loved brand with history” He added, “For Mattessons we needed to ensure that any move on wasn’t seismic, shoppers have a longstanding relationship with the brand so it was important that we created a design that retained some familiar cues whilst ensuring Mattessons retained their well-deserved place on the sliced meat shelf and would continue to attract new converts to the brand.”
The new packs are now appearing on shelves in all major convenience store chains across the UK.”
- Design Agency: WowMe Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial / Published
- Article Title: Brand Redesign Pre-packed Cooked Sliced Meats for the UK Market
- Brand / Project Name: A new look for the Mattessons traditionally cured sliced meats.
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Product Brand Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Graphic Packaging Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Flow-Pack, Tray
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic