Pawtners is a one-stop pet store that understands how special dogs are to their families and how important it is for the owners to share a sense of community with other pet parents to discuss important topics and matters regarding their furry friends.
As dog owners, we were greatly inspired to come up with daily moments that we all related to. So we decided to illustrate different dogs in common situations from everyday life while also having fun and spending time with their owner, but still making them the stars of the show. This is also why on the shipping box and bags we can only see the little pups jumping around while the owners illustrations are used on social media.
The main goal was to communicate a fun & genuine identity that understands the complicity between an owner and their dog, and also the sense of warmth they bring to our homes. Transforming the brand into a new alternative for millennial dog parents who search for high-quality, design-focused, and tasteful products for their dogs.
The brand’s new wordmark is a custom type solution that combines the simplicity of a sans serif with a pop of contrast and movement of an italic serif font, representing our common modern families & that different and special four-legged member we all love and spoil.
The typographic center of attention of the brand is the classic ITC Garamond which hands down has the nicest looking ampersand ever. Garamond had the perfect amount of friendliness communicated by its subtle serif details and its very pleasant and easy to read italic variation. On the other hand, the body and supportive text is set in Object Sans, by Pangram Pangram which brings together a solid contrast for the whole identity.
- Agency/Creative: Lua
- Article Title: Brand Identity for Pawtners a One-Stop Millenial Pet Store
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Peru
- Agency/Creative City: Lima
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Identity System, Illustration, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Fashion, Retail
- Keywords: Pet Store, Branding, Dog illustrations, Pet Store, Shipping box design, Packaging design,
Graphic Design & Creative Direction: Luana Cieza
Illustration: Carla Erausquin