Glasgow based design studio Everything Will Be Fine were tasked with creating a brand identity for Devlins, an ethical and sustainable butchery business based in the charming village of Dollar in Scotland.
Still a work in progress, the typography has a deliberately timeless look and feel that nods to post-war, shop front village stores.
We used the display font Zangezi Black. Type designer Daria Cohen explains his thinking behind the design – It has uneven proportions, tight spacing, distinctive diagonal stress, bouncing counters, raised midline, aggressive wedge serifs accompanied by adventurous curves… it seems like too many features for just one typeface. But that’s what fascinated me in the original typeface Salem by the Keystone Type Foundry. I toned down some of the original eccentricities while exaggerating some others. I would call it hommage rather than revival. The secondary font is Antipol designed by Roland Hörmann from Phospho.
The brand identity features a set of typographic logos with each one suited to specific applications such as window vinyls, signage, stickers, greaseproof paper, aprons, tee-shirts, canvas bags and packaging for the pie shop.
- Agency/Creative: Everything Will Be Fine
- Article Title: Brand Identity for Devlins of Dollar
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Graphic
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Glasgow
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Branding, Craft, Design, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, T-Shirt Design, Typography
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Branding, Butcher, Butchery, Brand Identity, Logo Design, Typography, Grap
Designer: Kerr Vernon