Kennedy Wilson approached Cormack design agency to create an identity for an industrial warehouse / logistics unit in the north of England.
The unit was named Centre 31 due to the warehouse’s central location to junction 31 of the M62.
It is a prime logistics unit surrounded by industry leading local occupiers.
The Identity of c31 took its inspiration from the English nightclub Hacienda. The designer Daniel Britton happened to be listening to music that came directly from the nightclub at the time he was creating the identity. The Hacienda for those that are unaware is a nightclub that was assigned biblical status during the 80’s, it was famed for its innovation and its donning of its industrial interior design. The 45 degree stripes was featured along the supporting beam of the night club that gave the club its iconic look and feel.
Centre 31 is a brand that is bold and cheerful whilst donning a classic industrial look and feel. The brand takes ownership of the classic industrial 45 degree warning lines and sees this become the foundation of the brands visual system.
The identity extends itself to iconography, photography, car parking systems, uniforms and lorry’s.
The essence of this identity is its simplicity and playfulness. It has a logotype from the Good Type Foundry that is clean and yet full of character. C31 has a classic yet vibrant industrial orange in the forefront and every element thereafter is tied together using a pattern system of 45 degrees, which when combined created for a water tight application of the identity makes for a instantly simple yet recognisable brand.
- Agency/Creative: Daniel Britton
- Article Title: Brand Identity for c31 Industrial Warehouse and Logistics Unit
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Cormack
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, Advertising, Advertising Photography, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand World, Branding, Icon Design
- Industry: Transport
- Keywords: Branding, Industrial, Graphic Design, Warehouse, Shed, Graphic
Designer: Daniel Britton