Troy Goodall is known for pushing the boundaries as a photographer. His personal style is provocative and raw, with elements of black humour, and he brings a similar aesthetic to his commercial work. Troy is sought after by marketers and agencies for his ability to reliably produce high-quality, compelling imagery.
The common thread in Troy’s work is an ability to capture the raw essence of his subject matter. With a keen eye for detail, he’s a master at scratching beneath the surface, revealing confronting truths and vulnerabilities that force the viewer to realise all is not what it seems. We wanted to bring this same visceral style to Troy’s brand, exposing usually-hidden aspects of the creative process itself. We needed to engage the audience, get them interacting with the brand pieces and hungry to discover more.
We wanted to bring this same visceral style to Troy’s brand, exposing usually-hidden aspects of the creative process itself. We needed to engage the audience and get them interacting with the brand pieces, hungry to discover more.
We treated the paper stock as our subject; we beat and bruised it, tearing at the surface to expose the flesh beneath. We used the paper stock ‘Pop-set poppy red’ and saturated it in black ink, leaving the red edges exposed. These subtle hits of red reinforce the concept of hidden truths unveiled.
The new brand has been a massive success for Troy. His audience has had an emotive response to tearing open the sleeve – not wanting to destroy it to reach the work inside. Clients have asked for additional leave-behinds, requiring multiple reprints – and the portfolio has created on-going conversations.
- Agency/Creative: Fuman
- Article Title: Brand Identity for Award Winning Photographer Designed by Fuman
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Photography, brand idenity,