Studio Edfu is a cologne brand inspired by the Temple of Edfu in Ancient Egypt. There are recipes for ointments, perfumes and inhalations featured in hieroglyphics on the walls of the Temple of Edfu. Even though the story behind the brand comes from ancient times, we wanted to create a modern and energetic brand identity.
Studio Edfu is 80 degree cologne. It’s main purpose is hygiene and optimum disinfection. The unique selling point of Studio Edfu is that it moistens the skin with glycerine in the formula, also has five different special scents. Each scent connects with a different themes such as, power, peace, curiosity. There is something very personal about fragrance in general. It evokes different feelings and memories for each person. That’s why we aimed to create a brand identity and packaging artwork without structures and borders. We designed an abstract icon with gradient colours. We wanted the icon look like moving which can be animated for the future marketing assets. The designs and colour choices were inspired by the emotions that each scent represents. We used colours that contrast each other to create a strong effect that would attract user on first sight. Hopefully, everyone can see something different in them, connect with their memories and emotions.
The logo design is a strong logotype, minimal and clean whereas the packaging designs are vibrant, energetic and moving to have a balance in between.
- Agency/Creative: Ester Saba Design
- Article Title: Brand Identity and Packaging Design for Studio Edfu
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Turkey
- Agency/Creative City: Istanbul
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Packaging Design, Product Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: cologne, packaging, branding, brand identity, packaging design, logo design
Designer: Ester Saba