Billed as the most famous grilled cheese joint in Britain, Melt has attained cult status since opening in the middle of 2016. Confidence, sass, vintage glory, a healthy dollop of rockabilly, a sprinkle of determination and a massive helping of grilled-cheese-deliciousness has seen Melt appear in the national press, chat mags, TV shows, and has even had Jon Snow (no, not the King in the North – the godfather of current affairs at Channel 4) serenade them with a song!
With a planned new dining experience around the corner – Mechelle (the big cheese) and her team knew that the trusty old brand need a bit of kick in the a*se. So we were tasked with refreshing it – to make the restaurant a smidge more ‘grown up’ while ensuring the shop’s outspoken, no-apologies attitude didn’t grow up too much.
- Agency/Creative: FortyTwo Studio
- Article Title: Brand Development by FortyTwo Studio for well Regarded and Established Local Brand “Melt”
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Rebranding, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Branding, restaurant, take away, cheese, melt, craft, local food, graphic design