Bear Brewing produce naturally fermented sauces in a variety of flavours for the Australian market. Initially getting a start as small scale home-made sauce enthusiasts, the company has grown to become successful nation-wide. The time had come to engage a professional branding agency in Percept, to help shift from its original brand positioning when the intent behind the venture was slightly different.
Percept were given the task to create new branding and packaging design that would communicate what sets these healthy products apart from the average sauces on the market and we approached it in an imaginative, adventurous way.
Following a brand positioning workshop to determine the vision and goals for the company, Percept developed naming and branding that’s creative and clever, based around the small and ‘magic’ world of fermentation. From their unique selling point, ‘The Ferm‘ was born.
This brand positioning concept was the main driver behind the new packaging design for the range, an imaginative interpretation on the sauce production process. Each product has a unique illustration in the same style to explain the bespoke process and use of ingredients in a fun and characterful manner. Willy Wonka had his chocolate factory, Bear Brewing has The Ferm.
The packaging design utilises the vibrant, rich colours of each sauce to contrast with the white screen printed illustrations on each bottle. This unique branding style establishes a distinct personality for the overall range while giving each product its own clear identity.
- Agency/Creative: Percept Brand Design
- Article Title: Brand Development and Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Plastic