Isle of Iona Gin is a premium spirit distilled from foraged botanicals from around the Island. The Gin has a pure, clean and zesty taste (perfect straight on the rocks with a twisted lemon.) With this in mind we wanted to create a brand that would capture the fresh and unspoiled beauty of the island. With a clear design, pure white nu-coated paper with a flash of bronze foil to show off its quality. Throughout the design we used our dove motif that represents peace, a well established icon of the Isle of Iona and the world famous Abby. The dove was also used to depict the foraging of ingredients gathered to produce the gin. With a sprig of elderflower in its beak.
The island is a truly magic place. Visitors and residents all note how calm they feel on the island, and when you see the clear sea pools, wide open skies stretching out over the Atlantic sea you’ll be at peace. We had a strong sense of this after our visit and we agreed we could not over design this. It had to be pure and simple. Not boastful or loud, but true to the soul of the island.
- Agency/Creative: My Creative
- Article Title: Brand and Packaging Design for Isle of Iona Gin by My Creative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle