Resilience: Clearing a Space in Difficult Times began as an object that comprises the original texts of the author Eric Ma Kit-wai’s published articles on Sunday Ming Pao. The book is divided into two sections; this soft-bound publication reflects and expands on the mystery of understanding emotions and our inner shadow, it also presents the critical dimension of the sufferings of protest and political activism.
In the seemingly unfinished publication, we deployed both unconventional visual strategies and classic typesetting to produce an object that reflect the content and personality of the book’s subject through materials and production techniques. The design of the book draws upon the here-and-now theory — being aware of it in each moment. The dance between darkness and light will always remain, when we see the positive within us, we cultivate it; when we see the negative, we substitute the positive. There is no justification, only the arising and ceasing of phenomena, never rest.
- Agency/Creative: Eddie The Studios
- Article Title: Book Design for the Resilience: Clearing a Space in Difficult Times
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Hong Kong
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Graphic Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Education