Born in the darkest and deepest coal caves Black Yogurt made its way to the product shelves and defined a new diary order. It’s not only a very first black yogurt on Ukrainian market, but also a first yogurt to contain charcoal.
“Charcoalness” — became the main inspiration for this project and a major theme in design. We created an awesome charcoal texture and wrapped the whole packaging with it, so that it seems that you are holding a real charcoal piece.
First our emotional intention was to make the label totally black, but as long as Black Yogurt is a limited addition of Activia — the widest known brand of yogurts in Ukraine, we decided to preserve it’s recognizable green branding.
“We googled if there’s a similar black yogurt anywhere in the world and found nothing. So I think we can assume that we made a label for the first black yogurt in the universe. Well, at least until there’s no proof of an extraterrestrial life. But even then there is a chance that aliens have anything alike”.
- Agency/Creative: R Agency
- Article Title: Black Yogurt: It’s really black, we mean it
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Ukraine
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Bottle, Cup, Sleeve
- Substrate: Plastic