A beautifully ridiculous, absurdly smooth Bourbon that combines true whiskey-making traditions with an untraditional attitude. Designed for the legend himself, Dr. Disrespect, in partnership with The Bardstown Bourbon Company.
Black Steel is a Bourbon in full power pose. The brand is ambiguous, eccentric, and does not take itself too seriously. All being a reflection of the man behind the brand – Guy Beahm aka “Dr. Disrespect” contrasted with sophisticated, historical cues from traditional Bourbon. Guy has made a huge name for himself over the years as an internet personality / Youtube gamer who built his empire around a wild and high-spirited persona.
The brand was designed for a younger whiskey connoisseur who lives life on the highest level. One of spontaneity and momentous escapades but while also being grounded with gentlemanly respect. It bridges the gap between celebrated youthful ridiculousness and premium craftsmanship.
The brand released online and sold out in a matter of hours. Visit www.blacksteelspirits.com to be kept up to date on when the next batch drops!
- Agency/Creative: Chad Michael Studio
- Article Title: Black Steel Bourbon by Chad Michael Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Dallas
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Copywriting, Packaging Design, Product Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: packaging, label design, branding, illustration, alcohol, spirits, whiskey, typography
Client: Black Steel Spirits