Biodegradable Packaging Made with Seed Paper, Green Design from Allianz
As the problem was noticed that clients often do not know in which insurance company they are insured, that is, they do not remember the policyholder company name, the task was to design a life insurance policy packaging that would increase the memory of signing and storing the policy of new Allianz clients. The packaging should also include a small gift while communication and design should be consistent with Allianz’s values and existing visual identity.
The packaging named “Life Carrying Package” was designed to carry a life insurance policy, a storage folder for an insurance policy, a gift pencil and a detachable part of the packaging containing seeds that could be planted.
The packaging is designed to take up minimal space for storing, like a folded object, and after filling it with papers and forming it takes on an interesting 3D shape that attracts attention and allows the sales representative to talk about the gift and packaging that the user received with the life insurance policy.
The packaging has a handle and is easy to carry. After the user takes the package home, the perforated front of the packaging is detached, leaving a folder. The handle is formed into a folding cover, and the folder containing all the necessary information regarding the Allianz company in case of need for activation of the life insurance policy. The folder is made of recycled solid paper, suitable for longer storage. The rest of the package, the perforated front, is made from seed paper that is plantable and fully biodegradable.
It is possible to assemble an origami flower from the perforated part, which the user can then plant or simply rip the paper into smaller pieces and plant it in that way. The seeds in the paper are a mix of sorts so they are suitable for growth in different areas and climatic conditions. The gift pencil contains a seed capsule at its end, so it can also be planted.
The gift packaging is 100% biodegradable.
The message on the packaging “Every Life on Earth is Precious” connects the importance of every single life on Earth with the caring concern Allianz takes about its users, but also about all life on earth – human, plant, and animal life. Packaging communication and design convey Allianz’s most important values.
The talk about a gift packaging with a sales representative, interacting with the packaging, planting seed paper and later planting a pencil with seeds – all of this makes it more possible for the user to remember the whole process and, in the future, make it easier to remember that he has signed the life insurance policy with Allianz.
- Design Agency: Design Bureau Izvorka Juric
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Biodegradable Packaging Made with Seed Paper, Green Design from Allianz
- Brand / Project Name: Allianz – a life-carrying package
- External Design Credits: Izvorka Jurić (creative and art direction), Igor Poturić (verbal communication), Marko Mikicic (design and illustration), Natalija Najjar (production manager), Jurica Kos (photography)
- Production Credits: Baltazar print house
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Graphic Design
- Location: Croatia
- Market Country: Croatia
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Promotional
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Case
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper