Big Mighty Deli is a cloud kitchen, born out of the need to save lunchtimes with jaw breaking sandwiches in a city that has always struggled to serve up a solid offering between sliced bread (Colombo, Sri Lanka). With the prevailing pandemic and the ever-increasing number of people working from home, the client wanted to offer a reliable home-delivery service with a brand that was versatile, always delivered quality and above all else, was fun and accessible; an anti-dote to the doom and gloom of 2020.
Serving up doorstep sized sandwiches, hot soups and iced coffees, the name is derived from commonly seen ‘Cool Spots’ around the island; roadside stalls serving up cold sodas and hot food & snacks. The vibrant colour palette was inspired by the hand painted signs of Cool Spots, as well as the bright colours of the tropical coastline that they often occupy.
The main focal point of the brand are characters developed around deli items offered by the kitchen, adding a further sense of play to a brand that refuses to take itself too seriously. This offered a cohesive formula for promotions and packaging, with the same character style being created and used for pickles, fried chicken specials and a recently launched evening menu.
- Agency/Creative: Studio Nice One
- Article Title: Big Mighty Deli Designed by Studio Nice One – Sri Lanka
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Sri Lanka
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Character Design, Logo Design, Identity System