Beck & Call is a friendly local pub offering cask ales and quality home-cooked food. We delivered a visual identity, social media content, promotional video and photography for the brand.
The creative team behind the Leeds trifecta of destination bar and venues—Belgrave, Waterlane Boathouse and Headrow House—asked us to turn their new acquisition, the Beck & Call, from outdated Yorkshire pub into a contemporary, family friendly venue offering cask ales and locally sourced, home-cooked pub grub.
We were tasked with the creation and roll out of a lean visual identity suitable for large exterior signage, menus, interior artwork and social media content. The brief was to work with a traditional pub graphic language but retain the contemporary flare of the clients existing portfolio. Our challenge here was to appeal to a mixed audience of new families, young adults and traditional pub goers.
Our choice behind the simple shapes and layouts were inspired by the graphic design of the 60s and 70s, taking advantage of classic brand touch points such as beer mats, till screens and posters. Beck & Call’s welcoming atmosphere had to be achieved with a bright colour palette—a departure from the quintessential pub interiors from the past.
As Beck & Call’s floorplan was vast, we took it upon ourselves to create a varied asset pack for the client to pick and choose from. From cosy nooks to tap rooms, the orangery to an outdoor terrace and children’s play area, we were able to use our extensive research in a number of creative ways, keeping to a consistent visual language throughout.
- Agency/Creative: Turtle and Hare Studio
- Article Title: Beck & Call – Yorkshire Pub
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Photography, Research
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Pub, Bistro, Restaurant, Bar, Sports Bar, British, England, Yorkshire, Branding, Leeds, Turtle and Hare,