Battana Branding and Packaging Design by Moises Baca
Battana, is one of the few galleries in NY that specializes in exhibitions of some of the World’s finest contemporary pottery design. It also carries a limited stock of paintings, prints and sculpture too. Battana was born as the idea of a collective of ceramic artists and designers, a space where the exhibition and sale of art objects with a limited amount of pieces is encouraged. Battana is pottery made by professional and amateur artists or artisans working alone, making unique items, artist who uses clay as a medium.
Branding and packaging were developed for this project, conceptually based on the organic forms present in the birth of each piece of pottery.We opted for a colour palette with contrasting and vivid tones that also generates a colour system for each type of product. Contrast between colour, textures, finishes, was always on the design process cause mainly we want to make those objects touchable in many ways, the unboxing experience it’s important.
The product has to feel unique, luxurious, contemporary, simple, but it has to be part of each piece if pottery without a design for each object but for sizes, its like if you can sell pieces of pottery inside a super cool museum, that’s the main feeling. One of the main objectives was to be able to generate a contemporary, modern and elegant brand, without being boring. The market mainly it’s people that likes art, and the want to fin unique pieces of pottery, people that like exclusively objects but in a more cool way. The icon of the brand was generated based on the hands, the connecting element between ideas and shapes in the clay, it had to communicate the use of these tools and the shape of a secondary character within the brand but that serves as a distinctive element. As result we have a modern cool brand that allows the brand have a more specific target, a design that provides luxury feel to the packaging but in a cool way.
With this kind of project can be difficult find the design feeling, that you want provide to the final user, but keeping the things clean into the design, can be the secret to keep al balanced in the branding and packaging design.
- Design Agency: Moises Baca
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Battana Branding and Packaging Design by Moises Baca
- Brand / Project Name: Battana Branding & Packaging Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand World, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Advertising, Brand Experience
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Packaging
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper