Bath Ales partners with Thirst Craft to create a launch new brand Cubic
When you see brand isolated and not in context, you would be forgiven for thinking this could be some kind of cosmetic or hair product brand. Yet in a bar environment this irritatingly strong identity designed by Thirst Craft would be pretty hard to ignore, it differentiates and would surely provoke a discussion or lead to some kind of action, which is surely half the battle in this competitive category.
Bridging Two Demographics
Bath Ales had a delicious pale ale on their assets list but, due to lack of investment, the brand was essentially just a name yet to unleash its full potential. Triple hopped with Summit, Columbus and Citra hops Cubic is flavour, cubed. Cubic’s lack of brand identity presented the opportunity to operate outside of Bath Ales’ core offering and appeal to a broader audience. The right branding, paired with Bath Ales’ endorsement, could present both a bridge into craft for their more traditional drinkers and a bridge into Bath Ales for a younger demographic.
Brewing Precision Influences Design
Matching the exacting standards that go into making Cubic, Thirst created a perfectly precise brand. A dotted grid backdrop adds technical texture and provides the framework for a 3D feel wordmark.
Brought to life with a signature, stand out colour, Cubic has been rolled out across glassware, POS, bottle, can and fount. A pale ale that’s, quite simply, perfection in a pint glass.
- Design Agency: Thirst Craft
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Bath Ales partners with Thirst Craft to create a launch new brand Cubic
- Brand / Project Name: Bath Ales partners with Thirst Craft to create a launch new brand, Cubic
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Can, Keg
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Metal