Baecon – Pray to the Bae
The Brief: Develop brand name, backstory, identity and boutique packaging for vegan bacon product.
Baecon was invented by Instagram #couplegoals influencers Josiah Fleek and Margot Slay. They converted to veganism after an eye-opening yoga retreat to an exclusive temple in Sri Lanka. After learning to subscribe to the belief that your body truly is a temple, they believed they could make a meat-substitute that was far from boring and just as delicious as normal meat. With a playful attitude and a planet-conscious ethos, Baecon was born, aiming to target a new generation of healthy eaters.
The colour palette is inspired by millennial pink. The illustrative style and creation of the Baecon character add a light-heartedness to the brand. The use of gold foil elevates the packaging to feel more boutique. Tone-of-voice is key to the brand, with a fun brand story and flavour names. These elements combine to perfectly target their Gen-Z and millennial audience, standing out from a crowded market of other meat-alternative brands.
- Design Agency: Krista Kay Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Baecon – Pray to the Bae
- Brand / Project Name: Baecon
- External Design Credits: Shillington
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Board, Gold Foil