Cirse Yoga is a UK-based yoga brand, run by husband and wife duo Karen and Pete Cherry. “Cirse” (sir-see) is the Gaelic spelling and pronunciation of Cherry which they decided to use to create a connection to their own name.
The Cherrys have been long-standing and well-respected staples in the yoga education field in the UK for many years and the move to open their own studio had been in the planning stages for quite some time. Karen Cherry was one of the first few Bikram and Power Vinyasa teachers in the UK.
The logo’s two floating dots create a figurative illusion with the “C” of Cirse forming an abstract Camel Pose. The letterforms of the R and the S melt into each other to reference the fluidity of the poses in yoga practice.
The palette is inspired by cherries and manages to feel sweet but arresting. This is paired with grittier imagery to create a sense of contrast and to underscore the work and stamina that’s needed to fully commit to a yoga practice.
When it all comes together the Cirse system presents a playful and expressive brand with the ability to handle a variety of communication needs.
All the brand elements work together to create a hardworking and very practical application for the brand – a step-by-step instructional manual of all the classic yoga poses. The brand circle maintains centre stage, housing the illustrative photos of the poses, while the fonts work together to create hierarchy and immediate readability for the text-heavy pages.
Cirse. Let your yoga practice blossom.
- Agency/Creative: Awake Studio
- Article Title: Awake Studio Design Branding for Cirse Yoga a UK-Based Yoga Brand
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Toronto
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Design, Graphic Design
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: yoga, cherry, cirse, colour palette, brand identity, visual identity, design, art direction, pink, pose, circle, poster, business cards
Creative Director: David Taylor