eMBe is the first brewery in Mlada Boleslav, a Czech city known for being a major centre of the Czech automotive industry. The city name abbreviation MB became eponymous for colloquial naming of Škoda cars as “embé(čko)” and the brewery/restaurant takes inspiration from this and from one of the most famous Škoda cars, Škoda 1000 MB.
The visual identity is rooted in symbols of the car (the unique steering wheel shape, the typography on the car emblem, illustrations of the car itself) and mixes retro style images like half-tone illustrations with modern typography and a timeless color palette.
The visual identity was applied on a multitude of materials, ranging from stationery, gift vouchers, beer glasses and coasters to interior signalisation and toilet signs. The wide range of applications made it possible for the branding to become complex and versatile.
- Agency/Creative: Andreea Bora
- Article Title: Automotive Inspired Brewery in the Czech Republic
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Czech Republic
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Brewery, Beer, Czech Republic, Mlada Boleslav, Skoda, automotive, car, Copper, Retro, Branding, Visual identity, restaurant, pub, halftone,