Australian Premium Cuvée ‘Jacob’ Designed by Boldinc
As a household name locally and abroad, Jacob’s Creek has a longstanding reputation for producing great Australian wine to suit our Australian laid-back lifestyle. However, when the opportunity arose to create a premium sparkling wine for the evolving needs of their drinkers, the brand’s global success presented a challenge. The familiarity and approachability of the Jacob’s Creek overshadowed the sheer talent of this amazing group of winemakers.
With new entrants rapidly coming and going in the growing premium sparkling segment, retailers were crying-out for a disruptive offer that would shake up the category. In a cluttered environment built on noise and visual disruption, we chose another path – disrupting perceptions.
Balancing the modernity of stripped-back sparkling codes with a clear link to our lineage, Boldinc created a halo offer that could showcase the team’s expertise without any of the masterbrand limitations. Unlike most Australian sparkling wines, Jacob adopts a unique French twist, using classic champagne varieties of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, along with an extensive ageing process of 32 months, resulting in a complex finish of brioche and hazelnut flavours.
A contemporary classic, that oozes confidence and understated elegance, just what consumers are looking for in the premium sparkling occasion. Jacob – sometimes it’s what you don’t say that makes you stand out.
- Design Agency: Boldinc
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Australian Premium Cuvée ‘Jacob’ Designed by Boldinc
- Brand / Project Name: Jacob Premium Cuvée
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle