Ark Visual Unveils Brand Identity for Fashion Label Sztain Lewen
Ark Visual unveils the branding and creative direction for Sztain Lewen, a luxury fashion label based in the Mediterranean creative hub of Tel Aviv. Centered on the notion of female empowerment, the label is defined by its modern tailoring, asymmetric silhouettes, geometric shapes, hand-sewn gemstone embellishments and it’s soft and feminine spirit. Sztain Lewen encompasses a multi-layered design expressed through materiality, history, brand marks, messaging and color selection. Each item of the label is treated as a piece of art and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Ark Visual’s creative direction composes a 360-degree approach crafting the branding, logotype, packaging, symbol design, UI/ UX e-commerce website and a visual language, combining both digital and handwritten elements.
Sztain Lewen by Shiri Schreiber is a female-founded and operated business, whose chosen slogan is “The Present is Female.” Ark Visual led the creative direction, choosing the slogan and defining the brand’s visual ethos. The clothing of Sztain Lewen is deeply rooted in the connection between contemporary design, fashion and architecture, a love for Schreiber, a trained interior designer. The name stems from her family roots and her mother’s maiden name, Lewensztain, meaning “Sztain (Stone)” and “Lewen (Lioness)” in Polish. Schreiber, a Leo herself, presents strong female figures in the first capsule collection and is committed to sustainable, eco-friendly production, crafting each item by hand locally in the studio in Tel Aviv.
Ark Visual’s color palette for Sztain Lewen integrates strong choices into the black and white background tone of the brand. The design studio chose a very passionate pink with a touch of orange to represent the new woman of 2020, sophisticated and bold. A minimalist lioness logo adorns the colored branding collaterals and is featured on the fashion brand’s website.
Signature touchpoints of the brand include custom calligraphy by Gastón Lisak that adorns the packaging and imbues a human touch and mode of self expression within the customer unboxing experience. The calligraphy also adorns the certificate of authenticity that is included with each item, emphasizing “The Art of Couture” and artisanal approach that defines Sztain Lewen.
The brand’s logo was designed by Barcelona-based calligrapher Oriol Miró Genovart and was inspired by the original classic serif logos of the world’s leading European fashion houses. Connecting to the heritage of the original Lewensztain family name, the logo counters the sans serif wave that has rebranded nearly every major fashion label in recent years.
The sophisticated UX/UI design of the e-commerce site takes customers into the experiential world of Sztain Lewen with captivating imagery, video and music that brings the female-focused label to life and creates a seamless checkout experience.
Ark Visual’s creative direction also includes Letters of the Future, a digital and print initiative that has gathered personal notes and letters of encouragement from women all over the world to other women. A dedicated section of the label’s website allows women to anonymously submit advice, well wishes and anecdotes. Every purchase from the label will include one of the letters printed from the site and shipped to customers around the globe. Such modes of community and self expression are evident in the brand DNA of Sztain Lewen.
- Design Agency: Ark Visual
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Ark Visual Unveils Brand Identity for Fashion Label Sztain Lewen
- Brand / Project Name: Sztain Lewen Brand Identity and Packaging Design
- External Design Credits: Branding & Strategy: Hagar Erez, Gastón Lisak, Calligraphy: Gastón Lisak , Logotype: Oriol Miró Genovart , Design Team: Hagar Erez, Gal Brin, Brand Photography: Ran Golani, Campaign Photography: Guy Kushi & Yariv Fein
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising, Brand Experience, Retail Brand Design
- Location: Israel
- Market Country: Israel
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Fashion
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Case, Tag, Wrap
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Fabric, Pulp Paper
- Extra: Project Credits: Branding & Strategy: Hagar Erez, Gastón Lisak Calligraphy: Gastón Lisak Logotype: Oriol Miró Genovart Design Team: Hagar Erez, Gal Brin Brand Photography: Ran Golani Campaign Photography: Guy Kushi & Yariv Fein