Last year, Syncsort acquired Pitney Bowes Software & Data, bringing together decades of experience to create a new leader in the field of data integrity. Now, Archetype—Brands has developed a new brand fit for their sector-leading status, including a vibrant new visual identity, a bold new voice and a new name: Precisely. The brand launched globally in May 2020.
The new identity begins with the foundations of Precisely’s business – the 1s and 0s of data – and reimagines them to create a simple, powerful brand language. That language extends into animation and to a suite of 3D expressions, used around key brand moments and in hero placements on the website.
The 1s and 0s were created from a custom display font, Precisely Data, and form the foundation of the Precisely monogram. The logo is constructed from a custom-cut headline font, produced with F37, with perfect geometry that denotes accuracy and consistency. All of which is combined with a distinct, digital-first colour palette, with Precisely Purple leading as a key brand signifier.
As well as the new identity, the scope of work included two brand films for internal and external launch, identity guidelines, custom icons and brand fonts, as well a library of 3D expressions.
The website redesign was a key focus. By running the web design project in parallel with the brand identity, the two teams of product design and brand were able to challenge and push each other to create a high-quality, digital-first experience.
Richard Parkinson, Global Creative Director, said: “In a sector awash with jargon and bland, impersonal brands: Precisely strikes a different tone: bold and bright, confident and human.”
David Moloney, Design Director, said: “This project was built on a great client-team relationship, which allowed us to design a brave brand that built on our big idea – that of helping the world’s businesses to trust their data.”
- Agency/Creative: Archetype—Brands
- Article Title: Archetype Brands Create Branding for Precisely a Data Integrity Company
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Technology
- Keywords: Technology Data Branding Rebrand Brandcreation