Branding, Packaging and Product Design studio Co.Lab is pleased to reveal its latest brand creation project for Animal Island, a premium pet food and accessories range entering the Polish market. Working in close collaboration with the start-up’s founders, project managers and appointed strategy agency, Grupo Bukko, Co.Lab helped to define the brand strategy and tone of voice, word mark, visual identity, packaging design, shipping packaging and brand guidelines.
“The premium pet food and accessories categories in Poland are posting the most dramatic growth they have ever seen.” said Jack Watson, Creative Director of Co.Lab, “Our challenge was to identify a point of difference amongst a rapidly increasing number of competitors. Co.Lab, Grupo Bukko and the project team settled on the idea of bringing the love between people and their pets to the heart of every piece of packaging, with Co.Lab developing this idea into a dynamic brand architecture that worked just as well on the line of premium food products as on the handmade glass food bowls and scented candles.”
Co.Lab created a stand-out word mark and commissioned a library of illustrations in eye-catching colours, each depicting a different snapshot of everyday life with pets. Combined, these elements bring an emotional and conversational feel to the packaging, creating a powerful proposition on-shelf and attracting attention online. The studio also designed a system of icons and flashes to communicate key attributes of every product. To manage the roll-out of the new brand, Co.Lab created a comprehensive set of guidelines to assist sister agencies across website creation, e-commerce and social media activation.
“Our unique product portfolio, plus the great standout of our packaging really sets us apart in the market. The high quality of ingredients has become commonplace in the industry, so by changing the conversation to focus on a more emotional angle and by introducing unique accessories for both pets and people, we are confident and excited about the brand’s success in both on and offline retail environments.” explains Anna Derkacz, Business Development Manager at Animal Island. “After a successful launch on the Allegro e-commerce site in Poland, we plan to continually add new product lines that provide our customers with everything they need for their furry friends, from delicious meal solutions to beautiful lifestyle accessories for the home. We look forward to working with our brand and packaging design partners, Co.Lab, as we work hard to develop the Animal Island brand for the future.” summarises Animal Island Brand Manager, Grzegorz Suchożebrski.
The Animal Island team is developing a brand new e-commerce platform for online sales and is exploring distribution options for the brand across Europe.
- Agency/Creative: Co.Lab
- Article Title: Animal Island Premium Pet Food and Accessories Brand by Co.Lab
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Poland
- Agency/Creative City: Łódź
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Copywriting, Design, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Infographic, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines, Product Naming, Tone of Voice, Typography
- Format: Bag, Box, Pouch, Tin
- Substrate: Metal, Plastic, Pulp Carton
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: colab, co.lab, pet food, premium, packaging, design, Poland, tins, tin, cans, can, brand, branding, Łódź, food, karma, opakowanie, projektowanie, opakowań, natural, snacks, meals, creation, colourful, illustration, people, pets, love, animal, island
Creative Director: Jack Watson
Illustrator: Ewa Bona