Anathoth Farm by Unified Brands
Anathoth Farm might be difficult to pronounce (arn-a-tot) but the brand has a simple goal – producing great jams, chutneys and relishes that people love. The original owner found himself in a predicament. He had a run-down raspberry farm and his options seemed to be drying up. He had an idea. Jam! Bravely he forged ahead making delicious jam by the traditional and universal recipe which was simply half fruit and sugar. Take this recipe and the great people that put their heart and soul into making Anathoth products today and you get a beautifully simple story of capturing the good of life right at the heart of New Zealand’s South Island countryside.
That story wasn’t being celebrated in Anathoth Farm visual identity, which played in the field of nostalgia and simplistic old world view. The brand clearly needed a meaningful refresh, so the team at Anathoth has briefed us to evolve their look and reinvigorate the category that is typically seen as old fashioned.
We needed to develop a new identity that allowed us to modernise and also attract new customers without alienating current. To do so, we have put our focus into the story of simple goodness, that became the centrepiece of the modernised Anathoth brand identity. The beautiful and dramatic South Island, the best fruits and ingredients, the heart and soul that goes into each and every product – all captured in the little tubs that are bursting out with great taste. To further emphasise the beauty of plant-based ingredients, we have developed a woodblock illustration style that captured the perfectly imperfect real fruit and veggies through texture, shape and form.
As a result, the idea of capturing the good of life now lives at the very heart of Anathoth Farm brand and everything they do – from fruit to people, it’s all part of it.
- Design Agency: Unified Brands
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Anathoth Farm by Unified Brands
- Brand / Project Name: Anathoth Farm
- External Design Credits: Daron Parton Illustration, Shadowlands NZ Product Photography, Kayla Jurlina Product Styling
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Redesign, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: New Zealand
- Market Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Jar, Pot
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic