An Explorative Mixture of Cultures, Traditions and Rituals Through A Series of Utilitarian Artefacts
HI! ESTUDIO – EL MESON 01
” The objective of this project was the design and realization of a product, which the mixture of cultures, traditions and rituals is promoted through a series of utilitarian objects.
In this series of design products we made an approach to the tea ceremony drawn from Japanese culture. (It is a form / ritual to prepare your tea or matcha influenced by Zen Buddhism, using a small group of guests in a quiet environment).
We made a mixture extracting some elements of Japanese culture to conjugate with a Mexican pre-Hispanic tradition that has marked the gastronomic culture in our country with a drink made from cocoa, chocolate.
The project aims to be a pedagogical entity for the knowledge of other cultures through basic objects with local Mesón 01
Not everyday objects, for a future that has already happened”
- Design Agency: HI! ESTUDIO
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Promotional / Self Published
- Article Title: An Explorative Mixture of Cultures, Traditions and Rituals Through A Series of Utilitarian Artefacts
- Brand / Project Name: EL MESON 01
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Household
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Case
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton