All Blue Skies For This Pasta Packaging Design Line Extension Created by Design Womb
Pasta for everybody! Your favorite gluten free pasta brand just got better. Jovial Foods is a small woman and family-owned business that was founded by a husband and wife team who have always been passionate about food, farming, and traditions. The brand focuses their product lines around ancient grain ingredients and traditional food preparation during manufacturing.
Design Womb partnered with Jovial to launch their new cassava grain free pasta product line extension. We first took a step back and helped audit what the brand’s core message was missing, and delivered a full brand voice kit and a key messaging library for both the main brand and line extension.
The food packaging design captures the essence and heart of the brand, and introduces a modern fresh visual that still remains cohesive with the brand’s very popular and recognizable pantry products. We introduced a playful custom shape die-cut window and carried over Jovial’s sky blue, which is paired with simple dramatic food photography to capture the texture and showcase the deliciousness of the pasta in each and every bite.
These pastas are free from the top 8 allergens, and the packaging design demonstrates an easy-to-read checklist to help shoppers with food sensitives quickly understand and make fast decisions in the store. This new line extension may be grain free, but the pasta has proven to us that it can compete with any pasta for taste and texture.
- Design Agency: Design Womb
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: All Blue Skies For This Pasta Packaging Design Line Extension Created by Design Womb
- Brand / Project Name: Jovial Foods
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Nicole LaFave. Designer: Nicole LaFave Client: Jovial Foods Photography provided by: Jovial Foods
- Strategic Deliverables: Tone of Voice, Brand Pillars & Key Messaging
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Brand Rejuvenation
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Fibre