Rude is a Tavern / Pizzeria / Bar / Restaurant right in front of the sea in Marina di Ragusa (ITA), a renowned seaside resort in the southeast of Sicily. Which is a destination for Italian and foreign tourists, who appreciate it for its beaches of fine and golden sand and the places to relax, have fun, but above all to enjoy great food. Rude it’s a place where to find typical Sicilian cuisine (with some contaminations of Roman one), crafts beers, wines from all over Italy, cocktails, Sicilian breakfast, and a good atmosphere.
I created the brand name, the logo and all the corporate image. The word “rude” has the same meaning in Italian and in English; instead the payoff means Cuisine & Chaos, in the sense of a place where there is a carefree, familiar, friendly atmosphere. I decided to use a bold and fat font, which stands out on all communication, in a fresh, playful and hungry way.
The man on the wallpaper, on the menus and the rest of the corporate image is Mario Brega – an Italian character actor.
He was a butcher before he drifted into acting, where his heavy physique ensured him a plethora of character roles. Debuting with director Dino Risi, he then played some minor roles in Sergio Leone’s Spaghetti Western movies: “A Fistful of Dollars”, as Chico; “For a Few Dollars More”, as Niño; “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” as Corporal Wallace; and also as a gangster in “Once Upon a Time in America”. He was also featured in many Federico Fellini films, and later in his career had comical roles with director Carlo Verdone, such as in “Un sacco bello” and “Borotalco”.
To complete the tribute, a second logo was designed inspired by one of his most jokes: Sta mano po esse fero o po esse piuma: oggi è stata ‘na piuma” (Bianco, Rosso e Verdone, 1981).”This hand can be iron, and it can be feather. Today it was a feather.”
- Agency/Creative: Alessandro Ribaldo
- Article Title: Alessandro Ribaldo Creates Rude Tavern, Pizzeria and Bar Branding
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Italy
- Agency/Creative City: Ragusa
- Market Region: Europe, Global
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Naming, Branding, Food Styling, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Surface Design, T-Shirt Design, Tone of Voice, Window Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: restaurant; tavern; food; sicily; pizza; pink; bold; black; eat; sicilian food; sea; tshirt; naming; logo
Agency / Owner of the Project: GO. marketing&co.
Client: RUDE - cucina&caciara
Architecture: Studio Occhipinti Amato
Photographer: Angela Celestre