Soviet toys museum is copyright project of Ilya Zibarev the museum founder and collector who set ambitious task to save and share with the public the beauty of Soviet toy scattered on numerous flea markets and other cellars and attics.
Admiration for Soviet toy is not just a meaningless nostalgy for childhood or Soviet time. Mostly this is an effort to save true beauty and labor results of the whole generation of toys industry workers and this is a father’s despair after coming in toys shop and looking round at shelfs full with chinese stuff out of cheap plastic.
Soviet toy has a wonderful design that does not harm child mind and opposite to it allows to cultivate imagination and form the taste and sense of beauty. Made from different fabric-wood,quality plastic — it developes fine motor skills and tactile sensation and helpes mental development. Many trustworthy experts in education and elementary school point to the harm and low quality of many modern models. For example clearly expressed dolls sex characteristics forse early girls maturation and impose some pedagogically not correct but approved by marketing managers child’s appearance and even behavior «standards».
Many modern quality brands use the experince of Soviet toy for creating new toys with domination of plane forms, moderate colours and quality fabrics the toys made of.
- Agency/Creative: Uniqorn B.A.
- Article Title: Agency Design Soviet Toys Museum Identity
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Research
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: soviet toys, soviet museum, soviet style, brand design, museum brand design, museum branding, toys museum