Intertype Studio have created an identity for English professional football player Adam Smith, ‘AS15’. The marque symbolises the ball at the player’s feet and represents his movement with ultimate precision and perfect control. Adam plays for Bournemouth FC wearing number 15 and has also represented the England under-21 football team. This dynamic feeling identity was designed to complement the aesthetic of Adidas, who sponsor the player. The grid system behind the marque uses a consistent dynamic angle and a series of repeated circles to reference his close control of the ball.
Intertype Studio wanted to bring craft and beauty to the beautiful game, with a bold and simple marque which stands out on the pitch as much as the player does. The concept brings the skill of the player’s touch to every application of the marque in both digital and physical applications. The logo was applied to Adam’s boots and training kit, working at all sizes and in all print media.
- Agency/Creative: Intertype Studio
- Article Title: Adam Smith Professional Football Player Identity Created by Intertype Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Research
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Football Branding GraphicDesign Branddesign Identitydesign sportsbranding