Roberta Ruggiero is a dancer, teacher, and arts event director. Throughout her career, she has worked as a performer and choreographer in dance, theatre, and contemporary circus projects.
Her vision of the human body as an integrated entity, inseparable from mind and emotions, led her to teach dance classes and workshops influenced by yoga practice, physical theatre, and floor acrobatics. Moved by the goal of supporting emerging artists and bringing people closer to performing arts, Roberta Ruggiero organizes and directs monthly artistic events in Barcelona.
Moving around, travel, and the love for performing arts merge together in her work as a freelance dancer, movement teacher and artistic director. This produced the need for creating a consistent signature to properly promote her art, events and activities. Roberta commissioned Giuliano Rusciano from russs.design to explore a solution crossing boundaries between all the various disciplines of performing arts and yoga. The result shows a visual identity inspired by the concepts of movement and pursuit of body/mind balance. The logo symbol is a sinuous synthesis of the ups and downs of bodies on stage, and perpetual changes of perspective throughout Roberta’s life experiences around Italy, Berlin and Barcelona.
The goal of creating a harmonic and dynamic imagery was pursued by incorporating curves and circular shapes in a design system made of a bright color palette and a combination of contemporary sans serif with a delicate serif typography.
Roberta Ruggiero brand identity communicates her arts performances, dance workshops and yoga classes on printed collaterals as well as digital design. Posters were designed to promote her events and flyers to be distributed before and/or after her workshops and classes for inviting students to leave their feedbacks. Through her curated Instagram feed, the visual identity let her publish posts alternating pictures, full colors with typography and informations about the upcoming events. Following the same style, a series of catchy animations were designed to be posted as Instagram stories.
- Agency/Creative: russs.design - Giuliano Rusciano
- Article Title: A Visual Identity Crossing Boundaries Between Performing Arts and Yoga
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: art, performing arts, dance, yoga, theatre, workshop, body, circus, teacher, performance, artistic, entertainment, brand identity, visual identity, logo