A Transatlantic Love Story
Ponet Spirits is a collective of explorers, creatives and artisans from Belgium, collaborating with Master Distillers to deliver seriously superb spirits. The latest addition to their portfolio is an exquisite, traditionally-made Mezcal called Telegram.
The challenge was to create something that reflected the real craft, quality and provenance of the product but break away from the traditional geometric look of Mexican Mezcals. We needed to give Telegram a more European, premium feel for the discerning Ponet Spirits drinker.
We took design inspiration from telegrams themselves and the mechanical devices used to send them, paired with the tagline ‘A transatlantic love story’ for an elegant, historical and romantic feel. A golden hummingbird asset (the bird that pollinates agave), a traditional Mexican patterned border and a background inspired by both the agave plant and a compass rose, come together to represent the product’s authenticity.
The result is a brand that takes you on a journey across the world; a journey of discovery that’s distinctly Ponet Spirits.
- Design Agency: Kingdom and Sparrow
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: A Transatlantic Love Story
- Brand / Project Name: Ponet Spirits - Telegram
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Packaging, Presentation, Website
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Packaging design, branding, illustration, typography, brand world,
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage